Moms have the best recipes. This one for salmon pate has been a hit (gone in under an hour) at both parties I've brought them to. I have only made it twice but it's so simple and reliable that it'll become a regular in my limited recipe repertoire.
2 green onions chopped
1/2 cup of American mayonnaise
1 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tbs fresh dill
7-8 oz can of canned salmon
1/2 cup cream
2 packs of kanten (agar agar) or 1/2 package of gelatin
1. Combine A ingredients in a blender. Blend.
2. Add B ingredients into the blender with the A ingredients. Blend.
3. Put blended contents in a sauce pan. Sprinkle packets of kanten slowly into the contents to avoid clumping.
Heat contents to medium high heat. Stir constantly to avoid clumping.
4. Once contents are thoroughly heated, pour contents into a mold (I used a small loaf bread steel container).
5. Let cool at room temperature. Leave it overnight in the refrigerator.
When serving, warm the bottom of the container in boiling water to loosen the sides. Flip over onto a plate (unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it after I transferred it over onto a serving plate). Garnish with dill sprigs. Serve with sliced bread or crackers.