- Gary Aschatz to make an Alinea movie??? (Menupages Chicago)
- Obama's chef laments on the state of school lunches (NYT Health; via Tmonkey)
- World's most sadistic dishes include: Tofu Hell and wind-dried chicken. Awesome names, though (Cracked; via Moet)
- The Ultimate 100 Must Eats in SF (7x7; via CJ)
- A comprehensive review of Japan's most popular energy drinks (Gaijinbash; via Yoko)
- A wonderfully imaginary use of Legos to illustrate NYC life. My favorites are "ground pepper," wasabi, and "Sorry, we just started a new keg". Oh, and 14th St./Union Square. (NYT Niemann Blog)
The Bacon Explosian Blowout
A frenzy of emails came in last week regarding the bacon-wrapped sausage, aka Bacon Explosion article featured in NYT Dining last week. Here's the original post, and the NYT slideshow. Now, I consider myself a lover of pork, but this is so ridiculously CRAZY!!! (via Tmonkey and Amy Ann)
- Above pic: blood orange juice now available on this side of the Atlantic! Matt found this at Garden of Eden in NYC, which is by Oranfrizer, an Italian citrus company.
Be honest- do you actually read this column??? Should the Reader continue, or should it be included in the next round of layoffs? Feedback please to firstname.lastname@example.org or @umamimart on Twitter!