- Put your deposit down on a chicken or lamb from Awesome Farms in upstate NY! Delivered to the Brooklyn Kitchen once a month between now and October. Order online now. (Awesome Farms)
- A list of 10 crazy-looking hotdogs. Check out the totally nasty spaghetti dogs! And props to my friend Tam Ngo for getting her flowering dog on a stick featured- although her name is NOT Tom!!! (Woman's Day; via Lily)
- Former financial E-Trade dude turns a 6,000 square feet rooftop in Greenpoint, Brooklyn into a full-fledged farm! (Good Magazine)
- Will Allen founded Growing Power Farm in Milwaukee, a super-city garden tended by and grown for the community. Awesome profile on a true visionary! (NYT; via Amy T.)
- Above video: World's largest hamburger from Miyazaki, Japan, weighing in at 300 pounds. Oy. (via Eater)
GOOD BEER at BAM
July 29, 4pm
Kinda pricey at $45, but includes food, and beers by a dozen NY breweries, including a secret one by the Gramercy Tavern!
Conni's Avant Garde Restaurant
She's BAAACK! This time at the Ohio Theater in Soho, NYC. Dinner and theater, in five courses! You def want to buy tix asap before they sell-out!
The Umami Reader brings you the freshest food news, however outdated it may be. Please email links to what you're reading to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow UM on Twitter for more 24/7.