- Guss' Pickles are moving their tiny DIY operation to Boro Park, Brooklyn- trademark gigantic pickle barrels and all. Very sad for the neighborhood- it just ain't what it used to be. Good thing we visited when we could!!! (Jerusalem Post; via Christy)
- Starting your own NYC food truck. A great little guide! (Grub Street; via John L.)
- A sweet video created by Serious Eats on farmer Rick Bishop of Mountain Sweet Berry Farms in Roscoe, NY. From farm to farmer's market to YOU! (via Amy T.)
- Psycho Donuts in Campbell, CA causes an uproar with local mental health organizations. Oh, the irony. (AOL Small Business)
- Above video: James Brown commercial for Nissin instant crab miso soup. MISOPA!!! KANIQUA! ("kani" in Japanese means crab). This is just too good to be true. RIP JB. Via Jud-san.
The Umami Reader brings you the freshest food news, however outdated it may be. Please email links to what you're reading to email@example.com. Follow UM on Twitter for 24/7 updates.