This charming little donabe has a hypnotizing swirl in the center of the bowl and on the lid-handle. It's a perfect personal size, great for nabeyaki-udon or a stew of your choice. Hunker down at home with a personal stove in front of your favorite show or movie for dinner-theatre. It's referred to affectionately at Umami Mart as mame nabe (or "little bean nabe").
This Donabe comes from Ginpo Co., a maker of heat-resistant cookware in Yokkaichi City of Mie prefecture. They pride themselves on fully integrated production, a system in which the whole life-cycle of the product, from raw material selection to kiln-firing, takes place at the company with no outsourcing.
- Dimensions: 9-3/4"D
- 6-go (cups of rice)
- Material: Ceramic
- Made by Ginpo Ceramics in Mie, Japan
- Dry the bottom of the pot with a cloth before placing on the stove
- Don’t soak the entire pot in water to clean
- Dry completely after cleaning and store in a cool dark place to avoid mold growth
- Remove stains with kitchen-grade bleach
- Use a trivet to avoid scratching your table top
- Oven + microwave safe
- Can be used on gas stoves
- Do not use on electric or induction cooktops
- Do not use for deep frying