A brand new brand to hit the United States, Colorful is a blend of two sweet potatoes, each using different sweet potato varieties and koji strains. Typically bottled at 20% ABV in Japan, the U.S. release is a sturdier 30%.
This shochu is wild! Aromas of raisins, papaya, and sour gummy worms on the nose. Our initial sips revealed nectarines, pie crust, all with extraordinary depth. This is an intellectual sipper, perfect for the eager shochu nerd in your life.
This makes a dynamite shochu soda.
We've died and gone to shochu heaven! We've finally gotten our hands on the first isshobin (1.8L bottle) bottling of shochu to grace our shores. Previously only available for sake, these large bottle formats contain 2.5 standard bottles worth of shochu and are perfect for keeping around for entertaining, sharing with large groups, or just to have a trusty bottle of shochu around you don't have to worry about checking the levels on so often.
- Distilled in Miyazaki, Japan by Shoro Shuzo
- Distilled from Miyazaki Beni Imo (purple sweet potato), Kagoshima Tama Akane imo (sweet potato) and kome koji (rice koji)
- ABV 30% / Koji: white (indica rice) and black (indica rice) / Distillation: Atmospheric
- Yeast: Miyazaki wild yeast
- Blend of two sweet potato distillates
- 25.3 fl oz (1800ml)