Jicca is a tiny second floor bistro in the Hatagaya neighborhood of Tokyo – it is our favorite joint to relax with a glass of wine and incredibly fresh dishes made by proprietor Tori-chan, who loves vegetables. Back in January, on a little onsen girl's getaway to Atami, we jokingly discussed celebrating 10 years of Jicca at Umami Mart with a Konsai Festa. Konsai means root vegetables – something we are all weirdly passionate about. Thus spawned this mid-summer Root Festa.
Join us for a very special event with Tori-chan + Casa de Kei for good food, music, sake, and wine. To commemorate 10 years of Jicca, Tori-chan will be preparing 10 small dishes made with a root vegetable. Roots reggae all night by Jumpin Toads. Good times will be had!
WHAT: Jicca Root Festa
An evening celebrating root vegetables with good drinks, music + friends.
Subject to change
- Baby Marble Patatas Bravas w. roasted bell pepper, Spanish paprika
- Maitake Onigiri w. carrots, sticky rice, nori (okowa style)
- Beet + Chick Pea Tofu Hummus w. toast point, cilantro
- Gobo Mijotè w. salted pork, konnyaku, negi
- Mixed Radish Tsukemono w. shio konbu
- Renkon Kinpira w. sour plums
- Turkish Baby Carrots w. herb yogurt, mix spices, mustard seed
- Sato Imo w. tumeric, soy milk cream sauce gratin
- Jicama Ceviche w. octopus, pico de gallo, wakame
- Bruleè Confit Shallots w. hirame, golden berry, mint
WHEN: Friday, Aug 18, 5-8pm
WHERE: Umami Mart
4027 Broadway, Oakland CA 94611
ADMISSION: Open to the public!
Admission will be $30 for 10 small dishes made by Tori-chan of Jicca. Drinks will be pay-you-go, menu price.