Discovering something new from Japan doesn’t have to break the bank. Enter Level I of Sake Gumi and you will be rewarded with two 300ml (10oz) bottles. We will guide you through the basics like: Which sakes will taste best with a burger? or Why should I drink this cold? We will also throw in some bonus nuggets of information like: What is aged sake? or Why is my sake in a can? All with some hands-on materials (i.e. actual sake), of course.
Looking for something extra special? Check out our Level II Premium program.
Here's what you get:
- Receive 2 bottles of sake every month with tasting notes and pairing suggestions. Each sake is hand-picked by Yoko Kumano, Co-Founder of Umami Mart and Certified Sake Professional.
- Explore limited edition bottles of sake, exclusive to members.
- Join us for special tasting events just for club members.
- 10% off sake wares online. 10% off sake wares and sake in our Oakland shop.
- Get your very own Sake Gumi sturdy 2-bottle canvas tote. (Limit one per customer).
The fine print:
- A 6-month minimum membership is required.
- Subscriptions are shipped or ready for pickup every 1st of the month.
- First Saturday of the month is drop and discount day! Pick up your sakes and get 20% off sake and sakewares, every 1st Saturday of the month.
- Your credit card will be charged the day that you submit your order for your first delivery/ pick-up, then every month on the 1st thereafter. The bill date can not be changed, it will always be the 1st of the month.
- At checkout you can opt to pick up at our Oakland shop directly, or get your bottles delivered to your doorstep via FedEx or UPS Ground. We will hold sakes for up to 30 days for all members who have chosen in-store pick-up. If you need us to hold your sakes for over 30 days, please email us. After 30 days of no contact, we will assume that you forfeit their sakes and you will not be refunded for your sakes.
We can not deliver alcoholic products to SD, UT, MS, AL, VT, and KY.
- The shipping price will be charged monthly in addition to the monthly subscription price.
- Shipping costs may increase over time.
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age.
- Adult Signature required upon delivery (government regulations).
- No membership fee.
- You may skip scheduled delivery/ pick-up or cancel your club membership after a minimum of 6 months by emailing email@example.com or calling us at 510-250-9559. All changes must be communicated and confirmed by the last day of the month for them to go into effect immediately.