Sake Gumi is Umami Mart’s monthly club celebrating Japan’s brewed beverage.
Discovering something new from Japan doesn’t have to break the bank. Enter Level I of Sake Gumi and you will be rewarded with two 300ml (10oz) bottles. We will guide you through the basics like: Which sakes will taste best with a burger? or Why should I drink this cold? We will also throw in some bonus nuggets of information like: What is aged sake? or Why is my sake in a can? All with some hands-on materials (i.e. actual sake), of course.
Looking for something extra special? Check out our Level II Premium program.
Here's what you get:
- Receive 2 bottles of sake every month with tasting notes and pairing suggestions. Each sake is hand-picked by Yoko Kumano, Co-Founder of Umami Mart and Certified Sake Professional.
- Explore limited edition bottles of sake, exclusive to members.
- Join us for special tasting events and field trips just for club members.
- 10% off sake wares online. 10% off sake wares and sake in our Oakland shop.
- Get your very own Sake Gumi sturdy 2-bottle canvas tote. (Limit one per customer)
The fine print:
- A 6-month minimum membership is required.
- Subscriptions are shipped or ready for pickup every 15th of the month. Order by the last day of the month for the next month’s shipment or pickup.
- Members who subscribe after the 1st of the month will get their first shipment shipped or at the store (if they choose "in store pickup") on the 15th of the NEXT month. For example, if a member signs up on October 2nd, the first shipment will be sent on November 15th. For members who request "In Store Pickup," bottles will be ready for pick up on the 15th of the month at Umami Mart: 815 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607.
- Your credit card will be charged the day that you submit your order for your first delivery/ pick-up, then every month on the 15th thereafter. The bill date can not be changed, it will always be the 15th of the month.
- At checkout you can opt to pick up at our Oakland shop directly, or get your bottles delivered to your doorstep via FedEx Ground. We will hold sakes for up to 60 days for all members who have chosen in-store pick-up. We will ship your order and charge the credit card we have on file for shipping fees after the 60-day grace period.
- All shipments will be made via FedEx Ground to the states listed below only.
- The shipping price will be charged monthly in addition to the monthly subscription price. The cost of shipping will be displayed upon check out as the "FedEx Ground Sake Gumi Special Rate."
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age.
- Adult Signature required upon delivery (government regulations).
- No membership fee.
- You may skip scheduled delivery/ pick-up or cancel your club membership after a minimum of 6 months by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 510-250-9559. All changes must be communicated and confirmed by the last day of the month for them to go into effect immediately.