Welcome to Sake Gumi Level 2, Umami Mart’s monthly subscription club for those who are seeking special bottles that are harder to find.
There are so many great bottles of sake that never make it to our shelves -- they are either limited, seasonal or just too “next level.” We’ve designed Level II for sake drinkers who want something extra special -- made in small batches by brewers who often only make sake for their township.
Whether it’s an earthy bottle of yamahai (sake brewed using traditional techniques), or a smooth daiginjo perfect for accompanying a dozen raw oysters, we will always choose bottles that will definitely start the conversation at your next dinner party. Every month, you will receive two 720ml (24oz) bottles, accompanied with literature describing the sakes including pairing suggestions. Take it to the next level with Level II.
Here's what you get:
- Receive 2 bottles of sake every month with tasting notes and pairing suggestions. Each sake is hand-picked by Yoko Kumano, Co-Founder of Umami Mart and Certified Sake Professional
- Explore limited edition bottles of sake, exclusive to members
- Join us for special tasting events just for club members
- 10% off sake wares online. 10% off sake in the Oakland shop
- Get your very own Sake Gumi sturdy 2-bottle canvas tote. (Limit one per customer)
The fine print:
- A 6-month minimum membership is required.
- Subscriptions are shipped or ready for pickup every 1st of the month.
- First Saturday of the month is drop and discount day! Pick up your sakes and get 20% off sake and sakewares, every 1st Saturday of the month.
- Your credit card will be charged the day that you submit your order for your first delivery/ pick-up, then every month on the 1st thereafter. The bill date can not be changed, it will always be the 1st of the month.
- At checkout you can opt to pick up at our Oakland shop directly, or get your bottles delivered to your doorstep via FedEx or UPS Ground. We will hold sakes for up to 30 days for all members who have chosen in-store pick-up. If you need us to hold your sakes for over 30 days, please email us. After 30 days of no contact, we will assume that you forfeit their sakes and you will not be refunded for your sakes.
We can not deliver alcoholic products to SD, UT, MS, AL, VT, KY.
- The shipping price will be charged monthly in addition to the monthly subscription price.
- Shipping costs may increase over time.
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age
- Adult Signature required upon delivery (government regulations)
- No membership fee or obligations
You may skip scheduled delivery/ pick-up or cancel your club membership after a minimum of 6 months by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 510-250-9559. All changes must be communicated and confirmed by the last day of the month for them to go into effect immediately.