Welcome to Sake Gumi Level II, Umami Mart’s monthly subscription club for those who are seeking special bottles that are harder to find.
There are so many great bottles of sake that never make it to our shelves -- they are either limited, seasonal or just too “next level.” We’ve designed Level II for sake drinkers who want something extra special -- made in small batches by brewers who often only make sake for their township.
Whether it’s an earthy bottle of yamahai (sake brewed using traditional techniques), or a smooth daiginjo perfect for accompanying a dozen raw oysters, we will always choose bottles that will definitely start the conversation at your next dinner party. Every month, you will receive two 720ml (24oz) bottles, accompanied with literature describing the sakes including pairing suggestions. Take it to the next level with Level II.
Here's what you get:
- Receive 2 bottles of sake every month with tasting notes and pairing suggestions. Each sake is hand-picked by Yoko Kumano, Co-Founder of Umami Mart and Certified Sake Professional
- Explore limited edition bottles of sake, exclusive to members
- Join us for special tasting events and field trips just for club members
- 10% off sake wares online. 10% off sake in the Oakland shop
- Get your very own Sake Gumi sturdy 2-bottle canvas tote. (Limit one per customer)
The fine print:
- A 6-month minimum membership is required.
- Subscriptions are shipped or ready for pickup every 15th of the month. Order by the 1st of the month for that month’s shipment or pickup.
- Members who subscribe after the 1st of the month will get their first shipment shipped or at the store (if they choose "in store pickup") on the 15th of the NEXT month. For example, if a member signs up on October 2nd, the first shipment will be sent on November 15th. For members who request "In Store Pickup," bottles will be ready for pick up on the 15th of the month at Umami Mart: 4027 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607.
- Your credit card will be charged the day that you submit your order for your first delivery/ pick-up, then every month on the 15th thereafter. The bill date can not be changed, it will always be the 15th of the month.
At checkout you can opt to pick up at our Oakland shop directly, or get your bottles delivered to your doorstep via FedEx Ground. We will hold sakes for up to 60 days for all members who have chosen in-store pick-up. If you need us to hold your sakes for over 60 days, please email us. After 60 days of no contact, we will assume that you forfeit their sakes.
- All shipments will be made via FedEx Ground within California state only.
- The shipping price will be charged monthly in addition to the monthly subscription price. The cost of shipping will be displayed upon check out as the "FedEx Ground Sake Gumi Special Rate"
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age
- Adult Signature required upon delivery (government regulations)
- No membership fee or obligations
You may skip scheduled delivery/ pick-up or cancel your club membership after a minimum of 6 months by emailing email@example.com or calling us at 510-250-9559. All changes must be communicated and confirmed by the last day of the month for them to go into effect immediately.