This is a Shochu Gumi selection! It was featured in March 2021.
Munemasa began aging their shochus in wood barrels 33 years ago. And now, behold, the very first shochu to be aged in sakura (cherry) wood casks! After resting for nine months in these barrels, this mugi shochu is bright, with creamy cherry notes and weighty texture of butterscotch. This shochu uses an extra step in its production of pressing the grain, which enhances the fruitful, smooth flavor profile. We loved this on the rocks with pasta bolognese or karaage (Japanese fried chicken), and as an after sipper, neat, with Marou 70% Chocolate from Vietnam.
- Distilled from 67% Kirameki Nijo Omugi barley and 33% black koji rice
- Made in Saga, Japan by Munemasa Shuzo
- 25.3 fl oz (750ml)
- ABV 35% / Koji: Black / Distillation: Vacuum
- Barrels: 100% sakura casks by renowned Ariake Sangyo in Kyoto
- Age: 9 months
- Limited production: 720 bottles