Yoko and I could not be more thrilled today -- we are dubbing it SAKE GUMI DAY. We're finally launching our sake club! IT IS HERE!
We've been having a lot of fun since we opened our Bottle System in April -- it's been really wonderful to be able to share sakes and beers from Japan with our customers in Oakland. But let's face it, sake is still a relatively unknown beverage with so much to explore. We love talking to people directly about sake -- many who admit they don't know much about it, but they are willing to pick up a few to try. And they come back for more! Of course, many of our customers have been drinking sake for years and they have been enjoying our selection, thankfully. We really just try to keep it fun, accessible and true to the spirit of Umami Mart.
The idea of Sake Gumi (aka sake club in Japanese) sprouted when we thought we might take it a step further for customers -- we choose the sakes, and well, you drink them! Plus, this is our way of making sakes available nationwide, which is very exciting for us. (Barring a few states, sorry).
Here's how it works:
- Receive 2 bottles of sake every month (2 big bottles or 2 small bottles) with tasting notes and pairing suggestions
- Each sake is hand-picked by Yoko, our very own Certified Sake Professional!
- Pick up your bottles each month in our Oakland shop or get them shipped to you directly
- Explore limited edition bottles and hard to find sakes from Japan and the U.S.
- Join us for special tasting events and field trips just for club members
- Get your very own Sake Gumi sturdy 2-bottle canvas tote!
- 6-month and 1-year gift subscriptions are also available
Get the full scoop here on the two different levels of Sake Gumi, and of course holler at us any time if you have questions about the program. Email us at email@example.com